Monday, October 19, 2009

"the nightmare me"

haha it's my dreams and i wanted to share the story.. :P
please enjoy, and well, please do comment if you like or dont like it..
nothing such as grammatical mistakes cause, i'm writing 5 pages in an hour.. haha! i don feel like editing it. cause rough draft (1st draft) always works the best for me! :p
oh sorry for the lack of vocabs and stuff, cause like i said, 5 pages in an hour, i can't even do an english assignments of 2-3pages!

ENJOY.
------------------------------------------------------------

i fly around the castle.. i wonder how big this is.. i know I'm in a dream. i was flying! you see, normally i would wanna wake up when i know i'm flying in the air..

but i tried waking myself up, though unsuccessful. So I tried to control myself and landed in a dark alley. And there it came, an old man, with long white beard on the chin and white hair, holding a staff. He was about 5ft tall and hunched back. I ran to him, without knowing he is probably the guardian of this place, or just another man like me, stranded in a weird dream.

"please, sir, you gotta tell me how do i get back out!" i said, I wanted to get out, I could smell something is going on in this dream. I couldn't wake up and I don't see many people like I always do in my dreams. Am I having a nightmare? I hope not...

"ah... it's been a long time people have come here through their dreams.. their souls stuck here and weren't able to get out.." the old man replied

"yes, so please, show me how do i get out.. i won't bother you anything, i'm sorry i came here.. i couldn't control my dreams.." i begged

"hahahah, really it's hard to control your dream, in fact not many that i know of could do that.." he continued

"…" I wasn't able to answer anything, waiting for his next explanation.

"it was so peaceful and quiet until you came. it has been at least few hundred years before you came here..."

"yes, i really wanna wake up... and go.." i pleaded

"ah.. i'm sorry to say.. it is really a bad idea for me to let you go. it has been a rule for this fortress, that we must kill the souls who came here in dreams. your existence has been notified by the government and now they are sending a bunch of army over to keep your soul. you won't be able to go back to your real life anymore. you're going to die in your soul and well, your body in real life is going to be empty.." he explained..

i was shocked, i couldn't help it.. i cried, i pleaded, i ask for his forgiveness.. but it doesn't seem to work.. i tried to wake up myself, but i couldn't. as if i was chained here not letting me go away forever. what am i going to do? am i going to die? here? in my dreams?

"there were many people came here, before we put up the rule of killing off the souls before they could get back to their reality, were doing bad things to us. We could not take it anymore and so, we decided to put this killing souls rule to whoever came here, it is a must, to prevent bad things from happening to us again.." he continued

i know i wasn't listening anymore. i fell on my knees, crying hard, begging him, though he doesn't seem to listen. i don't wanna die here, not here, not now... i have so many things to do..!

"the army is coming now, it's futile for you to leave, you couldn't anyway, because we have a barrier preventing you to wake yourself up.. and no matter where you hide, they could sense you cause you know.. you're in a dream, you let your souls run free and you couldn't control it. we are the one commanding the dreams over in this area, so we know who came to our territory and where he/she is." he said that quietly and then he left.

he left me alone, stranded in between the castle buildings, in a dark alley where seldom people are going to find me... but the army is going to find me! they are going to, cause they can sense me!

A man then came flying by, a man on a horse, as if he was riding a unicorn, except the horse doesn't have horns and wings. That man, was followed by many of his followers, who came by the same way as he did. I knew instantly that he is the leader of the group. And I knew, too, that he is going to capture me right then and there alive. I could not make out his profile nicely cause my physical body back in the reality seem to be trying hard to wake myself up. I've been jumpy all the time after the old man left. My body knew I was going to die. Then they stopped in front of me. I saw a carriage, where I think they are planning to put me on that. But where on earth, sorry, the dreams did they get that from? I didn't see it when they came flying over! Oh well, it is all but a dream, anything can happen I guess. Ah, it seems I saw the face of the leader. He has a very handsome profile, with black hair. And there immediately I spouted,

“the nightmare me!!” I know i'm not a man or a guy. I'm a lady for goodness's sake! But whenever I had nightmare, it is always him i'm inside in! It's like I have been living in him during my nightmares! Then the man looked at me, as if he realizes, no, recognizes me to be accurate... I stopped breathing for a second, afraid of what he is going to do to me. On the same time, my mind is going through the pages of nightmares I have gone through.. not many but enough for me to remember the nightmare me.

Flashback

'eh, have I changed into a man????' I was thinking out loud, as I could not seem to talk it out. I know i'm looking at them mirror. But all I see is a handsome man looking back at me. And I couldn't move my limbs on my will. What is happening? I don't know! Then I moved, or maybe he moved, started walking to some weird places I've never seen before. He stopped in front of a crowd. It seems that this man is the commander of a certain army but I don't know which one. Was it a nightmare? I dont know. I have had nightmares all the time, without having to look at myself in the mirror during the nightmares. Or have I always been inside him whenever I had nightmares?

I was full of questions, waiting for people to answer it but it doesn't seem anyone could hear me from his mind. I guess no one could read minds even in dreams, which I am relieved about.

The view suddenly changed to a bloody scene, my body, that moves unwillingly was slashing a man, with a sword. The blood splashed out, and it hit my face! It is a nightmare I confirmed and I have tried waking myself up! But at least, I know i'm not doing the killing myself, not with my own hand, and well, I survived the last few nightmares in my lifetime, so i'm going to survive this nightmare too!

End flashback.

I was cuffed with a pair of heavy stone handcuff.

“Hurry, get your ass up and go into the carriage!” the guards yell at me and kicked me. I started crying again. I don't wanna die, really. But is there anyone who will help? I got myself into the carriage feeling hopeless and I find that the nightmare me is on the carriage as well.

“Don't worry, it's been a long time since we activate this rule of killing whoever came into our territory. I think I will try asking the king of this place if he could let you go” he told me softly

He was talking so softly I would have to cringe my ears to hear it and yet very reassuring me. Why did he have to be so soft?

“I had to be soft, because like that old man told you, we can sense your existence and well, most of us could hear what we're talking about now. And don't worry, my army would not betray me. They also sympathizes you for coming over here unwillingly. They were rough to you just now just to show the upper authority that we aren't slacking and are doing our jobs right.” he explained it, yet so softly again, but this time, with a smile.

ah.. i'm so relieved! At least there is someone who is willing to help me to get out of this dream! I sighed heavily and thank the heaven for helping me. I smiled and said

“thanks! Thank you so much!” I cried at the same time too. I was too dumbfounded when I know I was not going to survive and now hope is in front of me again!

I looked into the sky, and tell myself, this is going to be the first and the last I am ever going to step into this area of a dream. Though unwillingly, I will try as much as I can to avoid this place. I saw stars in the sky, brightly lit and shining beautifully. What a beautiful night here in the dream... but a scary place to live in..

“hey, we're going to reach the main castle, you as a prisoner, please act like one, ok?” the handsome man commands me. I still couldn't believe my eyes that I was actually in him all the time during my nightmares. Though I see everything through his eyes, in the nightmares, it seems that he is also there to protect me from anything bad that is going to happen to me. I wonder if he realizes that I am there, inside of him all the time he is killing people?

I nodded after he told me to act like a prisoner. I'd do anything to survive and to get out of this place.

“so please, kneel here in front of the castle door and wait for my command. Do not move, do not talk until I give you the permission to do so, that is after i've negotiated with the king,” he told me, kindly.

I nodded again, reassuring him that I am going to do what he asked because I really want to get out of here soon. And so, I knelt on the floor, in front of the door. Oh, how I wish he could finish the negotiation fast so I could get out fast. I waited, which seems to be quite some time.. then I waited.

It started to rain heavily. So there is rain in the dreams too...

I got wet and probably sick I guess. I shivered and I clasped my hands together. It is cold! My eyelids are almost closing, I wonder if that could bring me back to reality, by falling asleep in the dream. But will I die instead? I wasn't falling asleep in the dream! I was actually fainting.. I wonder how will I survive through the rain.

“Ringgggg” I heard the sound, I opened my eyes and found my phone.

“Hello?” a familiar voice

“hello?” I answered

“hey what are you doing now? Studying?”

'studying?' I thought

“yea studying I guess,” I replied

“oh cool, I would like to ask do you know any of the human rights organization?” she asked

“human rights? I guess you could check it in the net” I answered, I think I am getting back my reality.

“but I don't have internet access here. I'm in Kok Meng's house now,” she said, laughing

eh, Kok Meng? So this is nicole! Woah, am I back or am I dreaming in my dream?

“oh ok, i'll check the organization for you and call you later?” I asked

“oh yes, please do. Thanks a lot!!” she said

“welcome,” and I woke up, walking to the computer and starting to write the stories I dreamed about. Oh looked for the human rights organizations as well.


No comments: